November 29th, 2013
It’s starting to feel very festive, the Christmas lights were turned on in Jersey last night and there is definitely a bit of added sparkle in the air. I don’t know about you but I am immersed in my Christmas shopping but despite this I still have half and eye out for things I would like Santa to put under the tree for me….
This autumn has been stella for many of our designers so I thought I would help you start your letter Santa with some of our favourites!
The Midnight in Paris collection from Prima Donna looks stunning in this opulent purple. a romantic classic which is available up to an H cup.
Click to continue…
November 20th, 2013
Prima Donna have released their new collection; Midnight in Paris. Spoiling you lovely ladies with super soft lace, this collection will make you feel glamorous and romantic. All the things you should feel when inspired by the city of love. The collection gives a range of bras from the staple full cup bra to the padded balcony bra both available in the deep Purple Romance and Golden Shadow.
The full cup bra and balcony bra appear to be very light due to the delicate lace, yet Prima Donna have invisibly doubled up the fabric to provide the ultimate support.
Full cup bra and luxury thong in Purple Romance. Padded balcony bra and thong in Golden Shadow.
November 10th, 2013
Terms & Conditions
The contest will take place from Monday 11th November 2013 closing Wednesday 20th November 2013.
To enter the competition you must follow http://www.pinterest.com/kittyplum and create a board entitled My Lingerie Loves. You must also complete the entry form.
The boards will be judged by Plums Lingerie and the result will be sent via email by the 30th November 2013.
No substitution or cash alternative will be offered to the prize winner.
The £150 prize must be redeemed by 31st December 2013. Any portion of prize not used will be forfeited.
The lingerie purchased with the prize fund may only be returned if it is damaged or does not fit. No return will be accepted if the lingerie does not have all the labels on.
By entering the competition you are giving permission to Plums Lingerie to contact you with promotional emails.
Your contact details will not be shared with any third party.
By entering the competition you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
November 8th, 2013
I once read in a magazine that stars like Jennifer Aniston use duct tape instead of stick-on bras for those glamorous evening dresses on the red carpet. So as soon as the opportunity arose with my first year uni ball, (a backless, purple satin dress) I thought I’d give it a shot and give it a go.
Somehow, my 18 year old brain conceived how cool it would be in the heat of the moment to say that I was doing just what the stars do. And to think I had the right to vote at that age! Needless to say, how stupid I must have sounded telling this to an excited man friend when the moment actually arrived; and how stupid the duct tape must have looked on my boobs! The whole night was a flop, as I squealed in pain just trying to get the stuff off. Let’s just say that chapter is over. Besides, I could think of some better ways to use duct tape :p
From then on, I knew it was best to just stick to the stick ons! And there were a few things to learn along the way:
- Silicone stick on bras are good if you have smaller breasts and can serve to ‘up size’ you
- Nowadays, you can get nipple covers which are great if you’re confident enough and small enough not to get too much swing
- Some brands claim to be water resistant, ideal for swimming
- Some brands claim to be reusable and washable
- Most of the time, stick-on bras are quite comfortable
- Stick-ons could be terrible in hot weather especially if you are prone to sweating a lot; they might not hold too well.
- Some women find that the bustier you are the less effective they are support-wise.
- Sometimes they could be very sticky and still hurt the skin when peeling them off.
Whether or not stick ons are effective in offering support is arguable, as is how ‘stick-on’ they actually are. Plum’s advice: do your research and read reviews before you purchase the product. Well, it beats duct tape anyway!
Please do leave some of your comments below if you have some ideas or experiences with stick-on bras.
September 24th, 2013
Key colour for this autumn wardrobe is the resurgence of navy blue, too long the preserve of air stewards and hotel receptionists it have been reclaimed by the fashion elite. Not only has it sailed down the fashion catwalks it’s also appeared in the lingerie collections. Perfect if you like to match your lingerie with your outfit. Navy is a kinder alternative to black, complementing a wide variety of skin tones it has a classic elegance that will never fade.
Ferragamo AW 13 Celine AW 13
Maison Martin Margiela AW 13
Prima Donna Deauville Blue Bijou
Marie Jo Avero Blue Bijou
Simone Perele Amour
September 10th, 2013
Heaps of bodies are pressed close to yours, body wetness putrifies the stifling hot air, there is no escape from it until you get to the next stop. If you live in London, you’ll recognise straight away that I’m referring to the London Underground. Reaching temperatures of 40-45 degrees during peak times in summer travelling is dreadful, but for some there is just no escape from it.
And it is times like this (apart from wishing you were of the male species) that you really have to manage what you’re wearing – especially your underwear. As tempting as it is to drop the bra, for bigger busted girls this could lead to some serious boobage swinging; we wouldn’t want to put our pro golfers to shame now would we? That would be unthinkable, indeed.
We touched last time on undies and keeping our derrieres cool, so this time, we’re going to explore some ways of keeping our chests chilled out! So here are a few tips:
- Wear a properly fitted bra. Ensure you have been measured and matched! Your breasts should not be rubbing together.
- Be careful about fabric choices, go for as many natural fabrics as possible; the obvious one being cotton. Some bras nowadays have cotton in the lining. Sexy on the outside and practical on the inside.
- If you can get away with it , try non-wired bras.
- Wear tops or garments that have built-in support.
- Sprinkle talcum powder over your ‘in between’ and ‘under’ areas.
- Sports bras offer great support and comfort.
- Don’t wear padded or push up bras. Pads and push ups are added layers and aggravate sweat and chaffing unless you are wearing a spacer bra that are designed using breathable fabrics.
- Most importantly find something that is comfortable for you and don’t compromise on cost. It’s just not worth it.
And for any lady golfers out there, these tips should leave you perfectly well equipped to make the most of the summer on the golf course, in full swing. Naturally
August 19th, 2013
By hot I mean sexy and cool! The UK’s heat wave has certainly been unexpected after an unusually long winter. My expectations for this year’s summer to be honest were not high, and I thought it would never come!
But oh boy, has it arrived! And now I’m still rustled up, only in another way – under my boobs and between my legs, and anywhere around my derriere. I still want to feel sexy and of course as tempting as it is, I must…. keep.…knickers….on…. And so must you!
Click to continue…
August 12th, 2013
This season at Plums we have some beautiful yet bold collections from the French designer Simone Perele. A range of colours, all incorporating their famous seductive lace giving you lots to choose from this season.
Folies is a striking range with it’s eye catching embroidery, it is confident and wild, yet refined and decadent. You’ll fall in love with the Opera Red that we have here at Plums. It is also available in black that simply looks stunning against the skin.
You may remember last season the Amour in a deep purple? This season we are spoiling you with this stunning Peacock blue. The contrasting shades of blue against the delicate lace make this range sexy yet elegant. The balcony bra is one of our most popular styles for Simone Perele customers as it provides support as well as a lower neck line giving you the advantage of wearing lower cut tops and blouses. Something we need in this lovely warm weather!
Last but not least, our favourite here at Plums is Tattoo. We all simply cannot stop staring at it’s beauty and we think that you’ll fall in love too. Living up to it’s name, Tattoo’s embroidered flowers appear on a nude tulle which makes the design appear like it delicately blends into the skin. We love both the balcony bra and the t-shirt bra with the front fastening design to make the most of the stunning band around the back.
July 16th, 2013
Have you ever put your glove on the wrong hand? Or maybe you’ve put your top on back to front? Of course you haven’t!! (ahem). So you’d never be so silly as to wear briefs that don’t fit correctly either! There is absolutely nothing worse than having very uncomfortable knickers. You might as well just wear your shoes on the opposite feet!
Often times it might be down to an inferior brand that doesn’t suit your body type, but much of the time it’s because you haven’t got your fit quite right. But how on earth are panties supposed to fit you anyway? What do you look for to know that you’re getting it right?
Here are some easy tips for your knicker knowledge:
• Comfy crotch: There should be no extra fabric at the front or back, and anything even slightly tight is a big no no! Make sure the horizontal seam shows at the front – this should not be creeping back.
• The waistband should fit just right – not too loose and not too tight
• If the panty legs are too small, they will leave marks on your legs; you need to go up a size if this is the case.
• Depending on the style of knickers, your bum should be fully covered – if your knickers are riding up, they are a poor brand, too old or too small for you!
• Whenever you buy new knickers check the brand’s specific sizing guide – usually they have a size guide, and you might fluctuate a size more or less. This is particularly helpful if you’re buying online.
June 26th, 2013
Summer has been rather late in arriving this year, so it is only now that I have been digging around looking for some new t-shirt bras. They may not be the sexiest but they are definitely a lingerie drawer essential. To make sure you get a t-shirt bra that shows off how gorgeous your summer tops and dresses are there are 3 areas you need to think about when bra shopping. Click to continue…