After you put your bra on in the morning that should be the last time you have to think about it until you take it off. Unless you make a bra faux pas. You get up throw on a bra in the morning without thinking and you could end up worrying about your bra all day.
- Black bra under a white shirt – Oh so obvious but when you are in a rush you think it will be fine because you have that cute little cashmere knit to wear over the top. No problem! Until you find yourself in a meeting that is hotter than Hades and you have moved past the gently glowing stage to the make up running down the face stage. Because you don’t want all the guys in the office to see you have a black bra on you suffer through.
- White bra under the dark top – A lot less obvious but what on cursory inspection looks more than acceptable can prove to be embarrassing. If you stand with the light catching you in the wrong direction. And God forbidden you end up in a bar that still thinks UV light is ‘cool’.
- White bra under a white shirt – I know this falls on deaf ears but ladies I can assure you if you wear a white bra under a white top, unless it’s some sort of substantial knit, we can see it. Nude maybe the most boring utilitarian colour known to man but at least you can’t see it.
- Double bubble – A case of less is more, 2 boobs are preferable to 4. If you are getting that bubbling over the top of your bra, it doesn’t fit. Please don’t make it worse by putting a tight turtle neck over the top.
- Visible bra straps – Okay this is going to be contentious but unless the straps are designed to be seen keep them covered up. Nude bras straps were never designed to be seen by anyone but the wearer. Even the inclusion of daisies motifs or lace doesn’t make nude bra straps a good look. If you are going to flash a bit strap at least make sure it is the same colour as your top.
What do you think? Any more bra faux pas suggestions?